Thursday, July 30, 2009

Diaper Crisis @ 7 months old

Another month has sped by and we're on the downhill slide to Preston's 1st birthday! Wahhh!
I swear, he'll smile a million smiles for me, but as soon as I put that big black thing
in front of my face, he goes stone cold on me!!I'm done with this photo shoot, will you just put me down for a nap already??!?!
So glad he'll take a binky and sooooo glad he can put this thing in himself!!!
Onto the crisis portion.....

I'll admit it -- I'm a diaper SNOB! Pampers please!! {and Huggies wipes!} No cheapo generics for me!! (****disclaimer - I do not think any less of you if you choose to diaper your baby with the generic variety!!) I've been a Pampers user since Brooklyn and Blake were approx 9 months old. That's all Gavin ever wore from the day he was born til the day he was potty trained. I love those soft, sweet Pampers Swaddlers on my soft, sweet babies! Then it's onto to Pampers Baby Dry with the suuuuuuper streeeetchy tabs. Love 'em! Preston has been a Pampers-only baby..................... up until this week. For whatever reason, we have had poop explosions left and right, up and down, morning and night with my beloved Pampers dipes! I'm so dang sick of scrubbing poop stains out of clothes that something HAD to change. Like yesterday. So I borrowed a few Huggies diapers from my sis to try on the Presty-bum. They seemed to do alright so I went out and bought a honkin' huge box of Huggies dipes. First time Preston wore one overnight, poop up the back upon retrieving him from his bed in the morn. Did I mention the box has 126 diapers in it?!??!? Did I just waste $25?? I dunno, but I'm outta my mind about this diaper thing!!

Here's his cute little Huggies-clad bum anyhow :)
In other Preston news, he's such a happy little fella! Sometimes he's so nice and quiet I forget he's even here! He has become Mr. McGrabby, reaching out for glasses, jewelry, face parts, remotes, cell phones, etc. He also does this scratching thing that I absolutely love!! Especially when he does it to me while he's nursing. He's teething badly right now and we're just waiting for those top two teeth to bust through! It'll be any day now! We're still moving slowly in the baby food department. We've done oatmeal cereal, peas, butternut squash and bananas. I still get giddy every time I open my freezer and see all those little cubes of baby food!!

Brooklyn has taken to the big-sister-to-brother-#3 role quite nicely. She asks to hold him immediately upon me bringing him downstairs after naps. She loves just holding him on her lap or picking him up and carrying him around. *yikes* I had to get over myself and just allow her to mother him. She's actually made comments about how he's the perfect baby brother, etc. Far cry (no pun intended) from the wailing we heard back when we announced we were having a baby boy!! LOL!
He's like a little koala baby here!
For the longest time (what, like two months??), Preston has been playing peek-a-boo with us. I've been meaning to get it on video and post it here, so FINALLY here it is!! And I love that he's so stinkin' ticklish!!!

6 comments:

Jenna said...

I totally get it on the diaper thing...we only use Pampers, too. Some people splurge on restaurants, clothes...whatever...we choose diapers, I guess. (: But seriously, I wouldn't have it any other way!

Jill said...

I like luvs. maybe you just have one powerful pooper... :)

skinners said...

i'm a pampers girl as well! thats all we buy at our house but i go for the pampers wipes as well.

preston is adorable and i love the picture of him and brooklyn (the koala one). where has the time gone? how are he and grace getting to be so old already?

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

I think I remember that we share the same diaper snob traits. Pampers for diapers, Huggies for wipes. I'm the same as you too, Swaddlers, then Baby Dry. When I put Huggies on Abby, I spent more time cleaning up everything she sat or laid on since everything came out. Sorry to hear Pampers aren't holding up their end of the deal.

mad white woman said...

Pampers are definitely my favorite. Clara wasn't much of an explosive pooper, so I never had a problem.

Unknown said...

My only suggestion would be to move up a size and I am sure that you have already tried that. I actually changed to Huggies for Macey because the Pampers didn't work for her. I really like the Huggies Little Movers for Hadley. Sorry that it's not working out.