Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Hello New Traditions!!

I got this SUPER cute idea from a friend of a friend. Yesterday, the advent fairy made her very first visit to the Palmer household!

So we did!!Today, the kids were very anxious to see what was behind door number two!!!
This one is sooooo tough because the kids are coming up with new things they want on the spot and they think that just because they ask for it, Santa will surely bring it. Long lists of toys, toys that cost $100+.....EEK! We've had to explain a bit that parents work closely with Santa to make sure that what he decides to leave will be approved by us. ;) I'm sure everyone will be happy with what they receive. You get what you get, right??

I'm excited to add this fun little tradition and look forward to all the holiday festivities coming our way!

3 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

I already have a New Years Resolution. Do this next year for Christmas. This year is shot between the tonsilectomy and our move into our new townhome.

Was it Carrie that did this idea? I can't remember now. I feel like I read this on her blog since she's so darn crafty.

Michele said...

That is SO cute! What a great idea. Maybe I'll have to do that when we have kids... or more than this one coming :) It's exciting to start new traditions like that, and I bet your kids LOVE it!

Jenna said...

What a great idea! We've been doing the 12 days of Christmas...but let me tell you...buying little trinkets for an ever growing family starts getting expensive!!!! I like the idea of "free" notes!!!! And the effect might even be better!