Thursday, February 4, 2010

Happenin's Around Here....

This afternoon, we met up with my sisters & mom (dad snuck in there too!) for lunch to celebrate her birthday, which was last week. We went to Fuddrucker's. I haven't been there in AAAAAAAAAAges!

It's no wonder why American's are so obese!! Portion size is outta control! Look how ginormous that grilled chicken sandwich is! I don't even want to guess how many calories I consumed.
Getting Presty-boy to try a pickle! He had no interest in eating it, just playing with it.Gavin loved this "Dinoco" gas tank!
Tonight was the kids' school Family Math Night. Brooklyn and Blake were totally looking forward to going to the original scheduled night a couple weeks ago, but our power went out and it got rescheduled. These kinds of deals aren't really my thing, but I love that the kids are so eager to participate. Before we left, I had this quick convo with Blake:

Me: "Do you like math?"
Blake: "No, but I'm good at it!"

Haha! Yes, you are!! Matt's constantly challenging Blake all the time and he IS really good!

\\Playing BINGO @ the 2nd grade table//
\\Working on her money skills. It'll come in handy down the road {for shopping *cough*}, Miss! ;)//\\Doing some preschool-aged sorting. This kid takes after his older brother and even the kindy teachers were super impressed (after blowing through some of the kinder-games) that he'd JUST turned 4 and has one more year before going to kindergarten!//
GiRlS NiGhT OuT!!! We practically closed the place down and stayed out waaaaay too late on a school night! I regretted it the next morning when Matt's alarm went off!! Good times, girls!I've been keeping at least one new Years resolution -- DATING more!! ♥ In the span of the last two weeks, we've gone out 4 times!!

Texas Roadhouse just because ~~ This was our first time eating here. My oh my are the piping hot rolls and cinnamon butter deLISH!!!! Matt was a sweetie and got me a balloon flower. How romantical! We did a session at the temple. Always refreshing for the soul. :)

Matt got Suns ticket for the ladies that work with him in his office and their spouses for Christmas. They played the Charlotte Bobcats, which I think we all assumed would be a blowout, but it ended up being neck-and-neck the entire game and even went into overtime!!! Unfortunately, they fell to the Bobcats and I'm beginning to think I'm a bad luck charm to sports teams!! Most every time I go, our team loses!! Booooooooooooooooo!
This has become a Suns game tradition that Matt and I partake in. Yummy!
BUT, what matters most is that the Suns scored at least 99 points, which means 2 free tacos from Jack in the Box per ticket!!!! I can't hardly decide what to order from fast food restaurants any more (everything grosses me out) but those greasy Jack tacos just do it for me!! Our latest date was seeing When in Rome at the movie theater. Super chick-flicky and super cute . Just my kind of movie!!I could definitely handle this frequent dating thing!! ;) It was good to get so much alone time with my honey. It truly does make me fall a little bit more in love with him every time. ♥ xoxo

4 comments:

skinners said...

i love all of this. tx roadhouse - delish. suns game- i get as excited for that cold stone ice cream as i do for the game. when in rome - want to see it. temple - awesome. looks like you are keeping busy and having fun. wish we could see you more! its always crazy when the whole fam is together, i never feel like i get to visit with you or anyone!

Heather said...

You guys are just too cute! ( It's sickening... really it is... O.k. just kidding) But I do love the fact that you go to the Suns games! I wish I could go too! But alas, I'm stuck in CA. Dang it! Oh, and I love the balloon rose. That was really sweet!

mad white woman said...

Most of the time we eat out, I laugh at portion sizes. I also laugh at what I will call portion relativity (the meat is twice as big as the vegetables). Dates? Must be nice. :) Our dates lately consist of Jason falling asleep next to me in bed while I work. It's awesome, trust me.

Kasey said...

GNO~~~good times for sure! Date nights, more good times. Texas Roadhouse~~~the bomb! Yum!