Friday, February 12, 2010

Let the WINTER Games begin!!

To get us stoked for the Olympics tonight, we had your classic all-American grilled cheese sandwiches with red, white & blue yogurt parfaits on the side :)In honor of the host country, for dessert I made Nanaimo bars, a no-bake chocolate bar which originated out of British Columbia, Canada. Yummo!The kids grabbed their own Olympic torches and we sat down to watch the Opening Ceremony of the 2010 Winter Olympics!!! I meagerly adorned our {new} entertainment center with the Olympic rings, our American flag and the Canadian flag to help keep us in the spirit this next two weeks.Oh look, here *I* am!!! We also popped some popcorn and got cozy in our blankets.
For whatever reason, I found myself full of emotion as I watched tonight. Who gets choked up during "O Canada" ----- when you're AMERICAN??!?! LOL! I love the buzz in the air, the patriotism and the comraderie between the athletes.

To be truthful, I much prefer the Summer Olympics, but I am looking forward to ice skating, snowboarding and catching glimpses of various other events. So sad to hear of the death of the luge racer from the Republic of Georgia already. :( May God bless and watch over all the other athletes in their events for the duration of these games.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I didn't know Nanaimo Bars were from Canada? Do Americans not know about them??? THey are the BEST!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

You're always so festive! I love it!

Carrie Anne said...

love. love love love. i LOVE nanaimo bars so much!