Thursday, May 6, 2010

Backyard Encounters

With only two more weeks of school left, I'm getting lazy with our schedule, especially the bedtime routine. The kids have been playing outside while the sun is up longer and it's still cooling off a bit in the evenings and I absolutely hate dragging them all inside. So, tonight I was giving the garden an extra bit of watering and it was running into the grass, causing a mud puddle. Of course that caught Preston's attention and he went splashing away!! I think this was his first ever experience with mud! Then I got the grand idea to give him the hose. Haha! I told him to take a drink and he listened! And I didn't even notice until I was downloading these pictures that there is a LADYBUG on his left thigh!!!!
Cute guy was so mad when I turned the hose off and hauled him inside for a bath. ;)

2 comments:

Carrie Anne said...

loved catching up on all of your posts. isn't that caterpillar/butterfly thing so incredibly fascinating? oh man i love doing that! your trip looks like so much fun. good times! and, of course, i love love love brooklyn's cute miniboden clothes!:) and i am so ready for school to be out, too!!!!

Emily Widdison said...

I think Ruby would love mud too...but I'm not brave enough yet:)

Your vacation looked awesome! Invite to Disneyland next time, you guys really know how to do it!

Loved the butterfly pics...I need to do that with my kids!!