Saturday, May 1, 2010

California Vacay Addendum

[HoTeL maddness]

We stayed at the Ayers Inn. It's so hard to know what you're actually getting when you book online. We were pleasantly surprised! It was pretty nice!!! They offered a full, hot continental breakfast, which sold Matt on it right away! The only downer was that the hotel is caddy corner from a hospital, so we heard plenty of sirens screaming in the middle of the night. ;) Our room was kinda small, just with two queen size beds. How did we all fit? Well, Blake and Gavin shared one bed, Brooklyn was on a twin air mattress on the floor between the beds, Matt & I had the second queen, then Preston was in a Pack n Play on the other side of us!!!On the last night, while Matt was making an In-N-Out Burger run, I let the little rascals jump on the bed for two minutes. ;)They were in heaven! But we were sure ready to get out of there after staying for 6 nights!!!

****************************

EVERY
time we drive through Palm Springs, I'm amazed by these windmill thingies that generate electricity! I call them whirlybirds. I have always been curious about how long those propellers actually are, wanted to see a human being strapped to one of them as it spins. LOL!Well imagine my surprise when we were leaving the gas station just past the California/Arizona border on our way home and I see THIS bad boy laying on a trailer bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I told Matt that was what I thought it was and he didn't believe me, so he went into the gas station and asked. Sure enough - I was RIGHT!!! The thing is MONSTROUS!!!!!

3 comments:

mad white woman said...

Last week we were in a hotel and I wondered how families with several small children fit in a room... now I know. :)

Those windmills amaze me too. They are so big, but close up, they look unreal.

You're right, your last post was picture overload. But very fun and very good pictures. :)

brittney larson said...

holy COW!!!! that's way bigger than i thought!!

Lindsay Skinner said...

I love the windmills! I never knew they were that big. That's crazy!