Monday, May 24, 2010

Make a Splash - Leap into Reading!!

In the last couple months, I kinda got out of the habit of going to the library weekly. In fact, there have been several occurrences when Brooklyn wanted to pick a book to read as part of homework and she'd loudly proclaim,

"Mooooooooooom!! When are YOU going to go to the LIBRARY
and get some more BOOOOOOKS????"

As if we don't already have our very own small library of kids books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday I sat down with the kids to kinda set up some summer plans (so excited about this!) and we decided that Monday would be our library day. So off we went this morning! :)Now we've got a whole laundry basket full of books to dive into!We signed up to do the summer reading program, which we will finish in no time. It has spaces to read 24 books. Are you kidding? We read 24+ books in a WEEK!

It's no secret that we're reading-aholics over here, me and the kids. I've challenged each child to read (or be read to) 100 books this summer and I have no doubt that they'll accomplish this goal!! Blake is hooked on the Magic Treehouse series, which I buy 8 books at a time from my good buddy Amazon.com. Brooklyn is completely enamored with the Rainbow Magic books and we own three different series of those now. One thing I will never turn down is a request to buy more books!!!

BTW, I'm currently reading Catching Fire, the second book in the Hunger Games series. I'm trying to take it slowly because the next book doesn't come out until August!

Let the summer reading games begin!!

No comments: