Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Voting

Today is Election Day. Truth to be told, I have no clue/interest when it comes to politics. I get so completely turned off by all the bickering, schmearing, etc. I know that I should be an informed citizen and exercise my right to vote and that it's a PRIVILEGE to be able to do so.

So I do. I go vote*, even though I'd rather not. Due to other commitments this morning, I had to go this afternoon, which means dragging the troops along with me! Thank goodness the wait wasn't too long and my kidlets are pretty well behaved in public! I remember my mom taking me with her to vote when I was a child. I think they actually had "fake" ballots for the presidential election and I voted for the opposite candidate than my parents. LOL!

*Confession-- I cheat. I have Matt go vote, take a picture of his ballot and text it to me, then I copy his. ;)

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

Ditto. Well, except the cheating part. :) I get so annoyed around elections because I feel like it's really important to vote and I am grateful for the opportunity, but I feel like it's impossible to be well informed. WHO DO YOU BELIEVE??? Case in point: on one corner I saw two signs for one of the propositions. One was for, one against, but they had the SAME message on it. It's irritating. Obviously... why else would I rant on your blog. :)