Sunday, February 24, 2013

Daddy-Daughter Dance + Blue & Gold Banquet

Friday night, our ward had a Daddy-daughter dance.  Somehow, I got volunteered to be on the committee to run the whole shin-dig!  It was pretty simple but we had an AMAZING turnout and I think all the girlies had a GREAT time!!  There was cookie & cupcake decorating, a photo booth, a couple Minute to Win It games and of course a dance party!

The good thing about being there to help out was that I got to capture some photos of the evening.

Here are Brooklyn and Matt, all ready to head out~
All the pretty girlies
Hayden made a quick appearance
Katilin Curtin, MacKenzie Anderson and B

Then last night, we attended the Blue & Gold banquet.  They transformed the cultural hall into a camp site, which was very cool!

Blake recently moved up to Webelos since he turned 10.  In order to get their awards, they had to pop the balloon with their name on it.  Blake got two silver arrow points.  He keeps asking me when I'm going to put all his patches on his shirt.... maybe by the time he graduates from boy scouts??!  haha

Every year, there is a cake/cupcake decorating contest.  This year, the theme was "Turn Back the Clock" so naturally, I made a cake that looked like a clock.  I did a quick search on Pinterest to get an idea and I found something that looked fun so we copied it.

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

Fun stuff. And you're crazy with that birthday party. At least she got to experience that crazy fun once though. :)