Sunday, February 17, 2013

Remembering Grandpa LeBaron

Matt's maternal grandfather, Milo Richard LeBaron, Jr. passed away last Friday.  This didn't come as a surprise as he's been struggling with his health for the past year plus.  Still, it's a sad time when someone we love so dearly leaves this Earthly life.


Grandpa LeBaron was an amazing man and Matt has always looked up to him and admired him, in both spiritual and the business ways.  He served several missions with Grandma and was a wonderful example of dedication to the Lord.  Family has been the utmost importance.  He will truly be missed.

I've spent more time with Grandma & Grandpa LeBaron over our last 10+ years of marriage than I ever have with my own grandparents so even though I have no blood relation to grandma & grandpa, they feel just like my own and have treated me as one of their own as well.


Friday night was the family viewing.  I haven't experienced very many people close to me dying and I've been very grateful (as weird as that sounds) for the opportunity to teach the kids what happens when we die.  Preston was having a really hard time and didn't want to look at Grandpa's body lying there in the casket.  It's hard because that's not how they picture him in their mind.  Brooklyn, Blake & Gavin seemed ok with it.

Hayden blowing goodbye kisses to Grandpa
 These are pictures of photographs so not the best quality-

The displays were fabulous!  I hope I have as much for people to remember me by.

Saturday morning was the funeral.  The stake center was packed to the brim with family (there are lots!), friends, ward members, former missionaries, business acquaintances.  He was a highly respected man with great faith and a strong testimony of the gospel.  There were lots of tears shed, especially during the songs that were sung-  Because I Have Been Given Much by all the immediate grandchildren, Called to Serve by all missionaries that served under him and Each Life That Touches Ours for Good by the whole congregation.

The oldest son of each of Grandma & Grandpa's children were the pall bearers
Grandma with all her daughters~ Diana, Christi, Laura, Elise, Cherie
Everyone got to lay a rose on Grandpa's casket as a final goodbye

*Matt & I were the FIRST blood relative that Grandpa sealed in the temple.

*Grandpa always kissed us on the lips.  At first, I was completely weirded out by it, but then I grew accustomed to it.  He's the only other guy that has gotten my kisses since Matt and I have been married. ;) (Lindsay)

*My mom always knew when we'd been to see Grandpa LeBaron right before we came to her house.  There was no mistaking the smell of grandpa's cologne lingering on our clothing from our hugs goodbye! (Lindsay)

*Before we headed to optometry school, he told us, "The next four years will be the best years of your life."  (Matt)


April 2002
October 2003
April 2004
July 2004
May 2006
March 2008
December 2008
July 2010
December 2010
December 2010
July 2011
October 2011
December 2011
December 2011
March 2012
July 2012
July 2012
September 2012
September 2012
December 2012

We love you Grandpa!  We have no doubt you are already busy in the service of our Heavenly Father on the other side of the veil.  Til we meet again.... 

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

I read this late last night and was too tired to comment and now I can't remember what I was going to say. Maybe that I LOVE the picture of him kissing Hayden and also the one of his hands.