Saturday, September 15, 2007

Everybody LUAU!

~~ALOHA~~

Tonight was our ward party, a luau! Brooklyn and Blake stood at the door, handing out leis to everyone as the entered the cultural hall. It was so cute watching them race to give their leis out and say "Aloha!" to the next person! We had Hawaiian haystacks for dinner- yum!- and people brought desserts to share. I'm on the activities committee in our ward and this was a fun one to plan. We had a great turnout and I think everyone had a really good time. There was a lip sync and what luau would be complete without the limbo??? Take a peek at three of my cuties goin' under the limbo stick! :) Sorry the picture is a bit blurry! It's times like these that I kick myself for just not lugging the SLR along with me!One thing I love about Mormons is that so many people stay to help clean up after the party's over! The only reason the activity committee stayed later than the rest of the crowd is because we were chatty! LOL! I'm seriously going to miss a lot of people from our ward here in California. And I'm sad that I don't get to know the new 1st year optometry crew better before we head out! :( We had a great time tonight!!

5 comments:

Trenda said...

Cute template! Did you get this from the shabby tulips or something else? I took mine off for a while . . . is it working again?

Carrie Anne said...

LOVE the blog! Wow you snazzy one! What fun to see the Fullerton
Ward Bldg...I miss that place! What a great time that was. I'm loving this blogging thing to catch up on everyone. So awesome!

summer c said...

You're still on the activities committe!? I guess it can be a rather long term calling. Those were the days. This is the first ward I have been in that I haven't been on the activities committe.
Okay, where'd ya get the template? Or did you create it yourself? I know there was an option to do that on the tulips site. It looks fabulos!

Maren said...

what a fun party! love the new blog too.

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Looks like we missed out. Bummer.