Sunday, April 10, 2011

Date Night

Earlier in the week, both Matt and I both felt in a funk so we decided it was time to go on a date. I told Matt I'd find a sitter and he was in charge of the planning.

We ended up doubling with Derek & Kristin and took a little drive south to hike San Tan Mountain at night! We brought along our sexy headlamps and off we went!
Gorgeous desert sunset
The boys insisted on off-roading it and after some minor meltdowns from us girls about "not following the trail rules" and "choosing the right," we conceded and joined them for a little rock climbing. Being a mom, I always think the worst.... 'I'm just sure we're going to get lost in the dark and our babysitter will report us missing when we don't show up and they'll call out a search and rescue team, blah blah blah.' I'm happy to report, we all survived and found our way back to the path. ;) *phew*

It was a pretty quick and easy hike and of course we couldn't go home at 7:30pm so we decided to catch a movie too. We saw The Adjustment Bureau with Matt Damon. Not entirely what I was expecting and a little slow in parts, but it was good and predictable, just what I like.

I always love going out with Matt and we always say that we need to do it more frequently but it's so hard with everyone's busy schedules (babysitters included!) and sometimes I just want to stay home and relax! This was fun and different, though, and it seemed just the thing we both needed. ♥

No comments: