Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!!

I cannot BELIEVE how early our kids were up, begging to go downstairs and find their Easter baskets!!! Gavin came in a 5:45am??????! We have to D-R-A-G their bums out of bed at 6:30am on school days and then they are magically awake an hour earlier on non-school days?? I'll never figure that one out.

I was seriously annoyed and because we made them wait until a decent hour (finally relented 6:45am), my annoyance grew every time they came back into our room to ask again. I'm seriously reconsidering some of our Easter traditions....

Anyhow, they were thrilled to see that the bunny had filled their baskets with books, toys and goodies.

Coming down the stairs, following the trail of Easter eggs to their baskets~I'm just now seeing that it looks like Blake is laying an egg in this picture!!!!

I do have to document this, for posterity's sake. This year, I DID NOT BUY ANY NEW EASTER OUTFITS FOR THE KIDS!!!! I'm pretty sure there must be something wrong with me!! ;) I just wasn't thrilled with what was out there this year, so I put them in the same dress & ties from last year. I was so busy in the morning that I didn't even get a picture of them all dressed up before we rushed out the door for church! :(

Straight from church, we headed over to my parents' house for the evening. We had dinner, celebrated a couple birthdays (mine & Ashton's) and had an Easter egg hunt for the kids across the street at the church.

Off they go ~ Blake, Brooklyn, LexiRunning crazy!Matt loves hiding an egg peeking out of his pocket and letting the toddlers find it!Preston & AshtonGavin found the $$$ egg!!! 5 dollars!Checking out the lootCaught with a mouth full of candy!Daddy & his GirlsFather & SonsGrandpa & Grandma with all the grandkiddies!Jack (my parents' dog) was all over Scarlett (Brittney's dog) all night long!!!
She wouldn't give him the time of day. LOL!
Silly Cody with Preston :)
Our theme in Primary this month has been Jesus is our Savior and Redeemer. Both Brooklyn and Blake have given talks in the past two weeks and I love watching their little testimonies shine through. I love this special time of the year where we celebrate the One who conquered death, that we may also be resurrected and live with our Father in Heaven again one day. I love singing Easter hymns that rejoice in Christ. I know he lives!!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

What a fun post to read! Your kids are so cute (and you guys are great parents!). Wouldn't it be great to be in the same ward? I would've loved to hear B and B's talks!