Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Gettin' his KICK on

Blake participated in his very first karate tournament over the weekend. I was so nervous for him, but he seemed to handle the whole thing remarkably well! I was totally bummed the battery on my little camera was pretty much dead so I couldn't record his routine. :(

~universal 4 kata

Blake got 4th place out of six children in his division. He was so thrilled with his medal! I can't believe it'll be two years in June since Blake started karate!! I'm glad he's found something that he enjoys. The things he's doing are getting more intricate and lengthy so I have to take along a handy-dandy clipboard so I can write down each move, that way, I'm not completely clueless when he practices at home!

We're so proud of you Blakers!!!

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

That last picture is darling. His little smirk lets us all know how humbly proud he is of himself. ;)