Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Date with the PHANTOM

I seem to be on a roll here, seeing two huge musical productions within 4 months! This time, it was the hubs and I that got to see Phantom of the Opera!!
(Don't mind the "funnyguy" in the background, he said he just couldn't help himself. *rolleyes*) The curtain before the show startedThe infamous chandelierThe curtain at intermission
The performance was wonderful! I was enthralled with the singing and can't even imagine having a talent like that! I love the passion and emotion that each of the cast members portrays on stage. Of course, I had to go sneak a peak at the pit orchestra as they were warming up for the show. I've always had this dream to play in an orchestra for a musical or show or movie. How amazing would that be??! I guess I had my chance when I played for the high school's production of Anything Goes my senior year. ;) My only complaint was the teen boy that was sitting to my left. He moved more frequently than a TODDLER, for heaven's sake, causing my chair to shake about.

As usual, in preparation for this event, we listened to the soundtrack everywhere we went. I love when my kids actually ASK to listen to songs from musicals!

You think perhaps your 3 year old MIGHT be slightly obsessed when:

~ He can tell you who the Phantom, Christine & Raoul are
~ While going up the stairs at home... "Remember to keep your hand at the level of your eye."
~ He informs you of the setting of each of the songs on the soundtrack as they play
~ He hums familiar melodies from Phantom at random times during the day

That's my boy!!

Matt and I, of course, love attending things like this when we can and I can't wait to take our kids someday!!!

Been there, done that, got the {glowinthedark} tshirt. :)

No comments: