Monday, November 9, 2009

Just a little off the top, please

And sides and back.

We did it. Preston's first haircut - Saturday, Nov 7th.

Expressing his irritation with meFirst snip
All done!
I'm always soooooooo nervous the first time I put scissors to that baby hair! And of course, it completely changed the way he looks! I keep staring at him........ he's not such a baby anymore.I took care of the top and sides, but was having a hard time getting Prest to stay still long enough to get the back done. So, I decided to hook him up to the "tap," which he never refuses, and we did a bit of nursing acrobatics (picture diagonal baby with legs to my shoulder) while Matt commenced to trim the back of his head. Worked like a charm!! ;)

I love his sweet little faux-hawk now that it's not 4 inches long!The double crown that is the cause of the chaosNice saddlebags, chubbalubba!He loves doing this in the tub! Silly boy!

2 comments:

Ashley Harris said...

I saw your Mom today at Bashas' - I was in a huge rush and hope she didn't think I was being rude - but it was so fun to see her! Your family is so adorable - I love the family photo shoot with your 4 kids. Too cute!

Matt just gave Wyatt his first hair cut - while I wasn't at home!!! I couldn't believe it - a major milestone that I, inadvertently and through no fault of my own, missed! He saved the hair for me though and it was just a quick trim off the sides of my baby's head - but still! Naughty husband!

Kasey said...

First haircuts are always bitter sweet. It totally turns them from babies to big kids in a second. But then they don't look like scraggly rag-a-muffins anymore and then you wonder why you didn't do it sooner! Cute boy!