Thursday, November 26, 2009

Turkey Day - Gobble Gobble!

Our celebrating started on Wednesday with Blake & Brooklyn's 1st grade feast. I'm talking full out turkeymashedpotatoesgravycornstuffingcranberriesrollspies,the WHOLE shebang!! Each of the three 1st grade classes did a performance of little songs and poems. I love seeing the twins interact with their friends at school. I do have to say, Brooklyn's quite the Little Miss Popular!Actual Thanksgiving day, it's been a tradition in Matt's family that they put the Christmas lights on that morning. So he and his brother helped each other get the lights all done on both of our houses. It freaks me out seeing Matt that high on our roof, so I just like to stay inside and not think about it too much.The kids did a little bit of Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and parade watching while I finished up rolls and cookies. We headed over to G&G LeB's for lunch with the extended family gang. It's good to see everyone and have a chance to catch up.

Prest enjoyed his bits of his 1st Thanksgiving dinner after downing pureed sweet potatoes and apples.
He even got a couple bites of sweet treats and loves pumpkin pie! ;)Grumpy turkeyMost of Matt's family (sorry Kristin!)
Then we headed over to my parents' for dessert! Let me say, it can be both a blessing and a curse having both of our families living nearby when it comes to holidays. It makes for some veeeeeeeeery looooooooooong days. But I don't know that I'd have it any other way!

This is what's most important to me ♥These boys will hopefully be bestest of cousins! Ashton & Preston, only 4 months apart.
I don't even wanna know how many calories passed through my lips on Thanksgiving Day, but let's just say my elliptical machine and I need to be reacquainted REAL quick unless I want to weigh 300lbs after the holidays are over!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Love the family pic of you all! Such a darling fam!