Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A little Vet's Day tradition

The years we've lived in Arizona since having kids, we've made it an annual event to head to the Veteran's Day parade in Mesa. This parade isn't exactly the MOST exciting thing. It pretty much consisted of army vehicles, marching bands, vets in cars, boy scouts, junior ROTC, repeat, repeat, repeat. The kids are easily entertained so it works perfect for them!

Here were the spectators that day --

Cody (brother) & Preston in back, Gavin, Blake, Brooklyn, Joshua (brother) and Lexi (niece)
and Ashton (nephew) hiding away in his carseat :)This monster was flying overhead. Don't be fooled by the cloud cover. It was a cool 80+ degrees! God Bless the U.S.A.Lexi was totally into it!Westwood HS Jr. ROTCMy alma mater! I can't believe it's been almost 10 years since I graduated from high school! My heart still flutters when I hear the Toro fight song. Ahhh, what can I say? I'm a band geek @ heart!Scouts on scooters!!Humveesand motorcycles Brooklyn loved the horses' painted hooves!Me & my troops

4 comments:

Beka said...

oh! you got some great pics of the band...we live so close to a high school, just hearing the band practice makes me miss those 'band geek' days too:)

skinners said...

um, where is the picture of the coolest float/group ever? the one you and your red white and blue decked out family should have been part of?? :)

j/k, next year we might be sitting on the sidelines as well.

and the girls with the horses were some of my beehives - 3 of my favorite babysitters! madison has ridden on some of those horses.

Kim Sandling said...

That's so cool that you got to go to the parade! They have really changed the uniforms for the band. I still get excited too to hear the fight song!

The picture you have of the horses has my cousin in it. Lindsey is on the white horse in the middle dressed in black. That's so cool that you got to see them!

Your family looks so cute! Love all the patriotism!

Emily Widdison said...

What a fun tradition! I remember that you were in the band, so cool. Were you friends with Beka and Tyler then?
Cute matching outfits!
Love the haircut post before this one.