Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Next stop ~ Mesa, AZ!!

******On the road again!!******

My mom drove with us from UT to AZ on Sunday. Again, the kids did really well and thankfully, they napped for a good portion of the trip. By the time Matt joined us on Wednesday, I was missing him soooooooooooooooooooooooo badly!!! Not only was it hard to not have him around to help out with the kids, I just plain missed him! We talked plenty of times on the phone, though, so that helped a little. He did outstanding on his finals!!! I joked with him that it must have been all the peace and quiet he had at home plus all those good meals he ate! ;)

While we were in AZ, we had to back out of the house we were building in Queen Creek. :( They were just building it WAY too fast and there wasn't a chance that we could afford our rent here and a mortgage payment there for even a couple months of overlap. So our big, beautiful house is no longer ours. We debated what we should do and ultimately decided to start over and build a MUCH smaller home (by over 1200 sq ft!) and live it in temporarily while we buy some real furniture and save up for the bigger home. This new home is still in the same community with the same builder. That way, we were able to transfer the earnest money that we had put down on the bigger home, over to the smaller home. Thank goodness we didn't lose that chunk of change!!

Here's a picture of our "dirt!" LOL!
Here's what the house will look like-While we were home in AZ, I also got my hair cut and highlighted! It's been 1 1/2 years since I've had either done!!!!!! Even though she only took 3-4 inches off, I love the way it feels and I just love having some color back in it! I got some long layers in the back and some shorter layers near my face. Now I just need to figure out how to keep it cute looking! :)

There are some other momentous things that happened during our trip, but those deserve their own blog entry! ;)

1 comment:

ashley said...

You are in trouble for coming all the way out here and not calling us! Glad to hear you had a good trip and we can't wait for you to move here too! Sorry to hear about the house-- just think... cheaper electric bill! It is good that you got to keep your ernest money in the new one... I really like the looks of it.