Sunday, May 6, 2007

Wanted: A Clean Brother

This evening, I was on the phone with Matt's sister and near the end of our conversation, I heard Gavin start to cry like he does when one of his siblings is torturing him. I hung up the phone and Gavin was walking toward me. I noticed that his hair was wet and there were water drops on his shirt. I was thinking, 'Did I leave the water squirt bottle down?' and then I smelled it- cleaning product!!! I ran to where Blake was and sure enough, he was holding the Lysol kitchen antibacterical cleaner, the stuff I use to clean my stove and kitchen counter tops!!!!! I grabbed Blake, gave him a spank on the bum and immediately put him in his room. Then I rushed Gavin to the bathroom, stripped off his clothes and diaper and started the tub to clean him off. Since Gavin wasn't screaming or anything, I figured Blake had managed to miss Gavin's eyes, THANK HEAVENS!!! Gavin was totally unaffected by the whole ordeal, except for the drama of getting him out of the tub! LOL!

I had a stern talk with Blake after he was done with his time out. I told him that while it was Mommy's fault for leaving the cleaning stuff down where he could reach it, he was NEVER to squirt anything at anyone, unless he asked Mommy or Daddy first. Again, thank goodness a crisis was averted. By a millimeter!!!!

No comments: