Thursday, June 14, 2007

Beach Bums!! - WARNING: Picture Overload!!!

My sis, Brittney, has been staying with us for a week now and we've been to the beach twice during that time. My kids have become absolutely in love with the ocean! Brooklyn is the adventurous one, often going so far out into the water that she gets knocked over by the waves! LOL! What a kook! Blake loves digging in the sand and looking for treasures on the beach. He also likes to run FROM the water, but is getting more brave. Gavin, oh my! The kid has no sense of fear! He takes off running toward the water! He's bitten the sand a couple times already! Oops!

Taking our new camera to the beach has given me opportunities to practice with it. I've been able to capture some pretty good shots! I've learned that for prime photos, you have to get down to the kids' level, which means I'm kneeling in the ocean or laying in the sand, but it sure is fun to record these memories!

Just a note: My children will always have the same swimsuits on in beach pictures. They have designated "beach swimsuits" that are only to be worn to the beach. Sand gets between the layers of Brooklyn's suit, so it's trashed by the end of the season. Their other swimsuits are rotated when we swim at the pool. :)

Are you ready for a TON of pictures??? Most are of the kids and there are some landscape photos that I will include.

Gavin gets tossed by a wave!

~LANDSCAPES~

Yes, those are sea lions sunbathing on the rock!
This one came up to say hello! ;)
Thanks for bearing with me and my picture madness!!!!

6 comments:

JLynn said...

Thanks for sharing all those pics! I loved them all! Super cute pics of your kiddos and loved the landscape ones too. When you move back to az, you are going to miss the beauty of the oc and the beach right?!! looks like paradise to me. :) wish i was there!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

OK, I LOVE your new camera!!! Those pictures were great. I think that one of Brooklyn sitting in the sand from behind is absolutely amazing! I mean, seriously, enter it into the OC Fair, if the deadline hasn't passed yet. Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Emily Widdison said...

Hey Palmers!

Long time, eh? So fun to catch up and read your blog. ADORABLE kids! I have a couple of questions...why did you choose that camera (I'm shopping around) and HOW did you make those yummy looking chimichangas?? I'm happy for you guys...moving back to AZ and all...so jealous! Good luck with everything!
Emily (fillmore) Widdison

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear from you Emily. It is nice to read how your family is doing. It has been way too long. Both Nikon and Canon make great digital SLRs. We had heard that nothing is better than a Nikon and that the Canons were more user friendly. My opinion is that what ever we got we would get used to. When comparing the features the Nikon was a better camera until Canon came out with the Rebel XT and Rebel XTi. The only thing, in my opinion, that was better about the Canon was the Megapixel. The Nikon D40 is only 6 megapixels and the XT and XTi are 8 and 10. A few months ago Nikon came out with a 10 megapixel version of the D40 called the D40x. Same camera, but more magapixels. Consequently we got a great camera for a cheaper price since they were trying to push the higher megapixels now.

Any way I wish your family good luck as your husband finishes his MBA. I can't wait until I am finished and done with school. It will be nice to live a more "normal" life.

mad white woman said...

picture overload, is there such thing? i don't think so! the beach is so fun, i bet you and your kids will miss it when you move back to the "oven" (that's what my friends from san diego call arizona ;)). anyway, you'll have to let me know how you like that camera. so far, it seems so good!!

Herb Hamilton :0) said...

So, what kind of camera did you guys get anyway?