Tuesday, June 12, 2007

We miss the Barneys!!!

The Barneys packed up and moved to Utah for their first rotation while we were in AZ at the end of May. It was different, coming home, knowing that they weren't living in our apartment complex anymore! Hardly a day went by that we didn't see the Barneys. Jennie and I always let the kids run around together in the afternoon during that dreaded "witching hour." What was I supposed to do in the afternoons now with Jennie gone????!? Brooklyn and Blake kept asking if they could play with Sydney and I'd remind them that she was living at her grandma's house in Utah now. We *kinda* said goodbye the night before we left for Utah and gave Sydney and Macey their birthday gifts.

I was really glad that Weston and Jennie came back this past weekend to clean up their apartment and move their belongings to the apartment that they'll be returning to in August. We had them and the Poulters over for dinner Saturday night (thanks Trenda!) and we all had a great time chatting. I helped Jennie wipe down the blinds and windowsills in her apartment that evening and it was nice to be able to vent to each other, just like the good 'ole days! Who says cleaning can't be fun when you have a good friend to gab with!! ;)

Barneys, We really miss the late night Settlers games and spontaneous visits! It's not the same with you guys gone! I guess this is just practice for the real deal when we go our separate ways for good after graduation. Can't wait to see you guys again in August!!!!!

2 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

I never even lived in the same complex as you guys and I miss all of you. Thanks for giving me the scoop on the Barneys though. I was beginning to wonder, as she seemed to disappear from the blog world. And 10 days without you? What's up with that? :oP

Trenda said...

I bet you miss them! That would be hard. I miss them too, and I didn't even see them everyday. We need a blog from you jenny!