Tuesday, June 19, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MATT!!!!

Matt is 2-7 years old today!!! That's practically oldy-moldy! ;)

It was a looooooooooooong day for us and Matt didn't even get home until after 7:30pm. I had started dinner, Chicken Parmesan- one of Matt's faves, at 6:15, in hopes that he'd be home before 7:00. No such luck. I kept waiting and waiting and waiting and just as I was about to head out to the grocery store (I didn't have any mozzarella cheese that I needed) when he walked up. By that time, I was beyond frustrated and ready to cry. I rushed to the store, picked up my cheese and finished dinner. We sat down to eat at 8:00pm, which is the kids' normal bedtime.

Then Matt opened his beautiful cards from the kids and those that he got in the mail. We did his gifts next. Since we just got a new camera, we didn't do anything big. Brooklyn and Blake, of course, had to help in opening. ;)

Matt got a palm sander (thanks Dad for the help!!) - his VERY FIRST power tool - aside from a drill!!!

Real quickly, we gathered at the table and sang Happy Birthday. I made mini no-bake cheesecakes with blueberry topping - Matt's favorite! It took a lot of work to blow out that ONE candle, but he did it! ;) Nothing fancy, but it is what it is.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BABY!!! XOXOXO

6 comments:

mad white woman said...

happy birthday matt! don't worry, you aren't too old... jason turns TWENTY-STINKIN'-NINE this year, now that is OLD!! :)

lindsay, sounds like you had a crazy day! i'm sure it was like that because you were trying to make matt's b-day din-din. isn't that how it always works? to answer your questions, we are building a house in utah just to sell to try and make a profit. it's been a nightmare, so when you move back to az and you have a few HOURS to spare, i'll bore you w/ the details. until then, trust me when i say it will be a HUGE relief to have it sold. it is in salem, 14 miles SE of provo. it is going to be over 5k sf and we are trying to sell it for 625ish (our realtor hasn't come up with a price yet). tomorrow clara has her 6 month check up so we'll find out if she has an ear infection or anything. i'm pretty sure all kids at one point or another just accidentally don't hear their parents... i can hardly wait! :)

mad white woman said...

oh... and i'm raising my hand. :)

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

WOW! Sounds like a VERY full day!

Happy Birthday, Matt! 2-7 is the next one for me, so I'll see you there!

Trenda said...

Congrats on the b-day Matt. . . I am still older than you . . . arent I lucky!LOL! Lindsay, I don't know how you survive all day with 3 kids. I have a hard enough time with 2! We should get together and pull our hair out together!

The Smith's said...

Happy Birthday Matt!!!
Steven and Amy Smith

ashley said...

Well, Chad has him beat too... 30 This coming July!! Now that is old (lol) Matt shouldn't feel old quite yet! I like having Chad older becuase it will always makes me feel that much younger! ha! Anyway... Happy Birthday!