Friday, August 10, 2007

Show me those pearly whites!


Brooklyn and Blake had their dental appointments today! The pediatric dental office that we go to is very kid-oriented, with a HUGE projection screen movie theater set up in the waiting area. We saw parts of Happy Feet, Monsters Inc. and Cars while we were there today. There are little tvs on the wall in front of each chair where the kids sit for teeth cleanings. The kids get stickers and cheapy toys (my favorite! LOL!) when they are done. It's kinda in a ghetto area, though. We were the only white people there!

Brooklyn - No cavities for the third time in a row!!! HOORAY!!!! :) She did great for her x-rays and teeth cleaning!

Blake - I guess Blake was a little uncooperative for x-rays as they only got the front teeth. The dentist came to check Blake's teeth and said he had one cavity in his left back molar! :( Then, the dental assistant used mint flavored stuff for his teeth cleaning and Blake hates anything minty! He was whining, saying, "It's hot! It's hot!" He wouldn't open his mouth for her to finish until I came to stand by him. We went ahead and had his cavity filled today. Parents are not allowed in the back with the kids while the procedures are happening, so I sat with Brooklyn out in the waiting area. I was a little bit worried about how he'd do because he's rather sensitive (read: wimpy!) and doesn't tolerate pain well. It took about 30 minutes and then out walks Blake with gauze stuffed in his mouth! They told me to keep him biting down on it for 1-2 hours. WHAT?!? Are you serious? It came out as soon as we got in the car! I asked Blake how it went and he said, "Bad." I asked why and he said, "The doctor hurt my teeth!" Awhhhhh! Poor Blakey! That made me sad! :( He had a super healthy lunch of jello and yogurt! LOL!

Hopefully this is our last cavity for awhile and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Blake didn't inherit Matt's teeth! I don't have one single cavity in my mouth and I think Matt has had more than he can count! We're going to be more diligent with teeth brushing now (twice daily instead of just once before bed) and start flossing daily as well. Keep those bacterias away!!!

3 comments:

mad white woman said...

at least one of you has good teeth! our poor children have no hope. both jason and i have super soft teeth and regardless of brushing at least twice a day and flossing daily, i have more cavities than i can count too!

Trenda said...

Ohhh, poor guy! It's hard when kids his age have to go throught stuff like this because they just don't understand why! All they know is that is hurts and you are letting that person hurt them! Sooo sad!

Beka said...

thats funny, thats how danny and I are, i hope they have my teeth, otherwise, i will feel so bad for them