Wednesday, July 4, 2007

4th of July ~ 2007

*~*Happy Independence Day!!!!*~*

We started off the morning by attending our stake's annual 4th of July breakfast at a local park. The best part- they serve ice cream at 10:00 in the morning! :) The kids had a great time running around the park, that is, after I forced them to endure a photo shoot!! Haha!!

I can't believe these are my twin babies!!!Everyone looking in the same direction AND smiling???!? I'll take it!!Where did my baby go?Ok, enough of that! ;) I was able to squeeze in a little nap this afternoon (thankfully!), otherwise, I may not have made it through the day!! I prepped most of our dinner and then we headed out to the swimming pool. Since Matt was with us, he was able to practice a little more with Brooklyn and Blake on swimming without floaties. He was a little wild and crazy with them too!

Daddy and Brooklyn under water
Blake swimming toward the wall
Whoa!! Blake sails through the air!Look at me, holding onto the side all by myself like a big boy!And blowing bubbles!!!Back to kicking around the pool with floaties onAfter we swam and got showered up, we had a yummy dinner! Matt grilled some juicy steaks, I made a potato salad and we had corn on the cob and watermelon. Shortly thereafter, we headed up to the "cool place" to watch fireworks. The kids were obviously up way past their bedtime since the show didn't even START until 9:00pm. Matt and I were working on getting the settings right (hopefully) to take some good firework pictures with our new camera. I still have a lot to learn, but we managed to get a few good ones!

Waiting for fireworksOoooooohhhhhh!Aaaahhhhhh!OOOOOOHHHHHHHH!AAAAAHHHHHHHH!
We had a great day today as a family! And it took the kids all of about 30 seconds to fall asleep once they were in bed!!! I'm very thankful for those that sacrificed much in order for us to be able to live in a free country today. This is truly the land of the free and the home of the brave!!

****Anyone want to guess how many pictures we took today??? ;)

3 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

That picture of all three kids smiling AND looking at the camera is impressive. I REALLY wanted to go last night, mainly to see you guys, but Abby had other plans for us. Miss you and I appreciate some shots of the fireworks I missed. Oh...how about 264 pictures?

Michelle said...

Great shots! Looks like you are getting the hang of your new toy! Happy "shooting!"

mad white woman said...

i LOVE reading your blog and looking at your pictures because it makes me think i'm normal for how many pictures i take... and then how many i actually post... :) my guess: 196 pictures.