Friday, July 6, 2007

Talk about night and day!!!

Matt has Fridays off so today, we hit the pool again. Brooklyn and Blake have come to rely heavily on their floaties because most of the time, it's just me by myself with the three kids in the pool and let's face it, I don't have eyes in the back of my head! When Matt is with us, we're able to work with Brooklyn and Blake one on one, swimming without their floaties.

Well, today, Brooklyn and Blake made HUGE leaps and bounds!!!! Before we went to the pool, we told them we wouldn't be using floaties at all this time. When we were swimming on the 4th of July, Blake was screaming and panicking if he didn't have his floaties on. Today, he was like a whole different boy! I was able to coax him to "swim" to me from the steps, about 1 foot away from where he was standing. Then I pushed him back to the steps. I took a step back and he swam to me again. Of course we laid on the praise and he was so proud of himself!!! Pretty soon, he was swimming back and forth, back and forth with no problem! At one point, I had to tell him that he has to tell me, "Mom, I'm ready!" so I know he's swimming to me. He was just taking off without anyone ready to get him! He hasn't really figured out how to take a breath and go back down again, but we'll work on that.

Brooklyn was just floating on the steps in the meantime. She's REALLY good at holding her breath for a long time! Matt got her to come out with him and they "sat" on the bottom of the pool together. Then she wanted to do what Blake was doing and so off she went! She still kinda lets her legs sink so she doesn't get as far as Blake does, but she's doing it!

They both were also jumping into the pool all by themselves! Again, on Wednesday, they'd have nothing to do with it. Blake had to be holding someone's hand and Brooklyn would just slide in from the side. I don't know what made the difference today, but it seriously was great watching them swim! :)

Here's a video of my little swimmers!



And we can't leave Gavin out! ;) He is no longer happy sitting in his float, hence the reason Matt was holding him while B&B were swimming back and forth. Gav loves the water too! :)

3 comments:

mad white woman said...

such a cute little family. how'd you get the video on there? did you have to create it on utube and then add it as such?

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

I love the video of the kids jumping in! They did such a great job! Way to go guys!

Beka said...

they are so cute swimming, i cant wait till my boys learn!