Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A "Wicked" Obsession

I think I have inadvertently forced an obsession on my children!!!!

You see, it all started when I heard that Wicked was coming to LA. I saw commercials on tv, heard advertisements on the radio and I started subtly suggesting to Matt that we should go. I finally convinced him and we bought tickets in November for a show in late February, shortly after it's opening in LA. It was our Christmas present to each other and Matt's parents chipped in too as their present to us. They also gave us the Wicked soundtrack so we could properly prepare ourselves for the actual musical. The first time I listened to it, I thought, "What the heck?" But for about a month or so, I listened to the CD every day so I could become familiar with the music. Pretty soon, I was catching onto the lyrics, and apparently, so were my kids!!

The night we saw Wicked, I was beyond excited. And the moment that first note started, I seriously felt like crying!!! Here it was, the moment I had waited for! That music I had been listening to for a month now was being played right before my very ears! It was seriously an awesome moment!! The whole thing was amazing! I can't wait to go again!

Anyway, sorry, I got a little caught up in the memories! *ahem* Back to the point of this entry. All of a sudden, Blake is yelling "WICKED!" along with the soundtrack. Then Brooklyn is asking who the people singing are and singing right along with them. Then Blake starts asking, "Is this Dr. Dillamond?" and "Is this Dancing 'Froo' Life?" The thing is, I can't actually remember telling them this stuff!!! Is it possible that they'd listened to the soundtrack so many times that they were actually catching my fever?!? And just last night as Brooklyn was helping me shuck corn on the cob for dinner, she asked if we could put on the "wicked witch music" and my 18 month old son is now walking around shouting "WICKED!" right along with the music. I think I should be a bit embarrassed!!

No comments: