Monday, July 30, 2007

How did I spend my day?

I probably shouldn't admit this, but I picked up a book last night before bed, read two chapters then and then finished it today - 302 pages!! Good thing my house was already fairly clean and didn't need much attention today! LOL! Seriously though, it was an really quick and easy read. The chapters were super short and I love that! Makes it way easier for me to read quickly than a book with long chapters. I don't know why?? So that makes SEVEN books read for me in ONE MONTH!! Crazy! Really, contrary to popular belief, I don't just sit on my rear, reading books all day whilst my children run crazy and uninhibited! ;) I'm running out of books (just two left) on my list, so I'm going to have to find some new recommendations!

This book I just finished, Sheep's Clothing, by Josi Kilpack, is about a young teenage girl that is lured by a predator, pretending to be another teen, on the internet. It really made me sit back and think how unsafe the world is "out there," especially on the internet. Anyone can pretend to be someone they are not. Now of course, I'm already freaking out about Brooklyn and Blake in their teenage years!!! Are Matt and I giving them the correct tools to brave the world? Will they be good kids? Make the right choices? I don't want to think about the possibility of my daughter being duped by some sicko person on the internet, yet I know that it happens EVERY day. They've done Dateline show after Dateline show about these psychos. I want to keep my kids in a protective bubble so they don't have to be bombarded with the evils of the world. Satan is trying harder than ever to bring these kids down and it scares the heck out of me!!! Such a great responsibility we have, as parents, to guide Heavenly Father's choice spirits in the right direction. No pressure, right??!

1 comment:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

You, my Dear, are a fast reader. Have your ead, "Mr. Darcy's Story," yet?