Saturday, July 21, 2007

A Relaxing Day at the Beach

It's been about a month since we've been to the beach, so yesterday, I thought it was about time we went back! Newport was our beach of choice this time. The weather was absolutely gorgeous! A perfect beach day! We had a great time, playing in the water and the sand. I actually took the kids out in the water this time, which is usually Matt's job. This is the farthest I've gotten out in the water since we've been here!! I'm really not a big fan of the ocean. It's cold, it's salty and who knows what's lurking below! *shudder* Toward the end of our time at the beach, we actually saw dolphins out in the ocean!!!! Their fins kept popping up and then we'd see their round backs. It was fun pointing them out to the kids! I wish my camera battery wasn't dead by then- darn it! Of course we managed to get some decent pictures again, but we still have a long way to go before perfection! ;)

Please look past my obesity. I know, it's sick! I'm working on that. That's the reason I'M usually the one behind the camera!

Mommy & Gav

Mommy & Brooklyn playing in the ocean

Blakey takes his truck for a romp through the sand
Gavin collecting seashells
Digging in the sand together
Brooklyn puttin' her toes in the sand

3 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

GREAT SHOTS! And you are not obese, silly! I think you look great! Thanks for sharing your fun day with us!

Trenda said...

I agree with sara, you actually look great in that picture. . . it's very cute! We should go to the beach together some time!

Leslie said...

You are a great photographer! I love these shots! Black & white at the beach is cool!