Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Hooray for free movies!!

Today I decided to be brave and took all three kids to our local movie theater that is showing free movies throughout the summer. I packed up the diaper bag with snacks and drinks since I wanted to keep this outing as cheap as possible and plus, I didn't want my kids eating junk at 10:00am!! The movie we saw was called Doogal. The movie had a cute story line, but was incredibly LAME!!!! Brooklyn and Blake, however, were completely entranced by the big screen! They sat still the entire time!!! They've seen three other movies in the theater, but it's been awhile since the last one (Cars, I think). Gavin, however, was a different story. I understand that it's impossible to get an almost 18 month old to sit still for 1 hour and 25 minutes. At first he did really well sitting on my lap. Then I had to get out the snacks and distract him. By the last 30 minutes, he wanted DOWN! I somehow managed to keep him from flipping out and we made it through the end of the movie! :) We'll definitely be going back, maybe next time with dad. ;)

Oh, and I also really want to take Brooklyn and Blake to see Ratatouille! I've heard good things about this one! I think we'll get a sitter for Gavin, though!

1 comment:

ashley said...

that was a lame movie! We didn't make through it! It was soooo sllloowww moving. SOunds like the twins liked it though-- anything to keep them entertained!