Friday, April 27, 2007

A day at the zoo

Yesterday, I told Matt we were taking a day trip today and he had no say in the matter! LOL! Matt has no class on Fridays and I've been sick and tired of sitting home all day doing nothing "fun" on his day off. So this morning I hustled and bustled around, putting together snacks and drinks and hats and sunglasses and we headed off to the LA Zoo, which was a surprise for the kids! :) After we all slathered up with sunscreen, our adventure began. And boy, was it a tad toasty today!!! We tried to hit most of the animal exhibits, but Brooklyn was complaining that her feet were hurting. I told her she had to be strong so we could walk and see all the animals and she told me, "Mom, my feet aren't strong today!" Haha! She ended up hitching a ride in Gavin's stroller while Gavin had the chance to roam free a bit. Brooklyn's favorite animal was the giraffes. She kept asking when we were going to see the giraffes! Blake's favorite animal was the elephant because it was pushing a huge tire/ball toy thingy!! It was just plain fun to get out with the kids and do something that they were excited about. We spent a good 2 1/2 hours there. Of course on the way home, they all three completely zonked out.

My one *minor* complaint- driving in CA is an absolute NIGHTMARE!!! It took us freakin' 1 1/2 hours to drive 40 miles!!!! According to Mapquest, it should take 39 minutes. Yah, no. Traffic just c-r-a-w-l-e-d the entiiiiiiire way. We weren't driving during "rush hour" but it sure seemed like it!! That's one thing I couldn't handle if I lived here permanently. Good thing we're not! ;)

Of course I took a bazillion pictures, so I'll try and narrow it down! ;)

My three little animals (it's hard to get a good pic of all three kids!!!)


Gavin bumming a ride on Daddy's shoulders


Daddy holds Brooklyn up to see her beloved giraffes


The elephant, playing with his toy


Gavin loving his freedom from the stroller!


Gavin thinking he's going to climb in with the orangutans - EEK!


Blake measures up to a gorilla


Mommy & Brooklyn in front of the pretty pink flamingos


3 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

How fun! I love it!

Weston & Jennie said...

It looks like it was a hit. I'm glad you were able to "convince" Matt to go. LOL!

JLynn said...

Lindsay, I really enjoy your blog! I like reading about all your experiences with your family and as a mother! I like it that you share so much! I also think it is so cute how in the pictures your cuties are always in coordinating outfits and matching colors! :) I think your kids are cute, they all look so much like you & Matt! I can imagine with 3 young ones everyday is so much hard work! You seem like a very dedicated mother! :)You should be proud! :) Congrats too that you guys will be moving back to AZ! that is so nice and will be so fun for all of you! I agree I don't know how people live in Cali and drive those crazy freeways on a daily basis!!!