Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Twins & Sextuplets

Being a multi mommy, of course I am absolutely fascinated with anything having to do with other multis. We have a free preview of Discovery Health for who knows how long? and so I did some browsing forward to see what's on the schedule. I happened upon the premiere of "Jon & Kate plus 8" and instantly realized what it's about- the family that had twins and then had sextuplets. I set the DVR to record the new episodes and have been watching them for the past week. All I have to say is WOW! The mom (Kate) is so stinkin' calm and organized and her house is spotless..... with SIX two year olds!! I'm probably going to go nuts when our free preview is up because I won't get to see the rest of the episodes!!!

One thing that happened to catch my attention was when Kate showed her bare belly on national tv. The aftermath of a multi pregnancy = not pretty. I told Matt that my belly looked just like her belly, except mine is not *quite* as bad as hers. A plastic surgeon's wife happened to see the show and Kate ended up getting a tummy tuck free of charge. Her after surgery belly is fabulous! I really, really, REALLY dislike my stomach. I have a lovely flap of skin that hangs over my c-section scar (times 2) and then a huge pooch of skin above that. Not to mention the barrage of stretch marks. I don't know that there is any amount of work I can do to get a flat tummy again. I mean, imagine streeeeeetching your skin out, cutting it open, then stitching it back up while it's still stretched out. No chance for it to grow back "together" to it's previous state. Matt has told me that after we're through having kids and I've done all that I can do to get in shape, if I'm STILL unhappy with my tummy, then I can get a tummy tuck. Yes, I know, it's "plastic surgery." Yes, I know, it's asking for a lot of pain. But I can just imagine a huge change in my self-esteem if I were able to get rid of this saggy, baggy skin. Maybe for our 10th wedding anniversary, Matt said! ;)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Ok, I say go for it. If it makes you feel better that is all that matters. I would just maybe wait until you are through having kids. But if you are, why wait so long? If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!

Lindsay said...

Jess- We're definitely not done having kids yet. Our 10 year anniversary is only 5 years away now, and I want to be SURE that we are done! Plus, I have to start saving my pennies! ;) Abdominoplasty is not cheap!