Wednesday, April 11, 2007

EX-er-cise! EX-er-cise!

So nearly 15 months after having a baby, I've decided that it's time I do something about this "baby" fat that has been hanging on. Actually, I'd dropped all of my pregnancy weight within two weeks of having Gavin. It was all the excess that I was still carrying- not ever losing all my pregnancy weight after B&B, then a little more added after we moved to California. I think I was a tidge bit depressed and just ate, ate, ate! So technically, I guess I was plain 'ole fat BEFORE I even got pregnant with Gavin! *blush*

I finally got sick of being the fat one of the bunch but I had a dilemma- it's not exactly easy to exercise having three children. Gone are the days of the double stroller and/or jogger. When Gavin was still small, I could put the twins in the DuoGlider and pack Gavin on my chest in the Bjorn. I wasn't about to go jogging by myself in the mornings or evenings, and I'm not willing to wake up at 5:30am, just to get a workout in! ;) I need my sleep tooooo much! I needed something that I could do right here at home. So, I finally convinced Matt that he should buy me an elliptical machine. It's just a low-end model (no, we did not drop thousands of dollars on it) but I like it just the same! I've been pretty good about getting on it at least once a day. Brooklyn and Blake call it my "exerciser." :) I also made up a little page that has each day of the week where I write down everything that goes in my mouth for the day. It really helps me stay in check. I've cut down my snacking and decreased my portion sizes and it's amazing! I'm not starving to death!! LOL! I've also tried to be more healthy overall with meals and snacks.

After a month of working hard, I'm down 13 lbs, but still have about 30 to go til my goal weight. I'm surprised that I didn't gain any weight back over the last few weeks because Easter candy is my downfall! Tropical Starburst jelly beans and Cadbury eggs- YUM! Matt has promised me that when I get to my goal weight, he'll buy me a new digital SLR camera, which I want sooooooo bad!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You inspired me! I've been so bummed, I love to run outside, but the doc says no. I didn't have time to go to the gym - or the money for that matter. So I was a bit frustrated. Thanks to your example and input I bought an eliptical on Monday - it's great! Thanks for the tips on where to get one - I didn't feel like dropping tons of money either.

P.S. Nice blog! So cute! I added you to my friends links.