Saturday, April 14, 2007

Shop 'til you drop!

Matt had clinic all day today so the kids and I decided to go shopping for a few necessities. We headed to Ontario Mills, one of my favorite places to shop. I rarely walk out of that mall without several bags!! Today, I had just a small list of items I needed to look for and did a pretty good job of sticking to the list! First stop was Gap outlet, of course! :) I got some matching summer jammies for all three kids and another bucket hat for Gavin. Then we stopped by the Carter's outlet to find some short sleeve/long pants pjs for Gavin, since we're not quite cold enough for long sleeves, but definitely not warm enough for shorty pajamas. Gavin is pretty much opposite seasons with Blake's hand-me-downs, so I've had to do a bunch of shopping for new clothes for Gavin. DARN! ;) Although it wasn't on the list, I couldn't resist browsing through the Gymboree outlet and ended up getting more matching/coordinating church clothes for all three kids! Nothing thrills me more!!! I got this dress for Brooklyn that kind of reminds me of a wedding cake. Hehe! Matt doesn't like it, but it's really grown on me since I first saw it and I'm pretty sure Brooklyn is not going to let go of the matching headband we got to go with it. I bought the boys matching sweater vests and dress shirts. Our last stop was the Stride Rite outlet to get Blake some new dressy shoes for church. I've been squeezing his poor little feet into his too small shoes for the last couple months- bad mommy! I was really proud of the restraint I exercised in not stepping foot in the Children's Place outlet. That place has seen a little too much of my debit card lately! I heard there are some sweet sales going on right now, but I resisted!

Sometimes the kids shock me. I toted them around for two hours in the mall and they did pretty darn good! Gavin wanted to get out of his stroller, of course, so I let him walk a bit in a couple of the stores and then he was good to get back in the stroller for the duration of our outing. We stopped by the Rainforest Cafe to let the kids watch the fishes swim in the big tanks and I gave Brooklyn and Blake each a penny to throw in the alligator "swamp." They were happy with that!! Overall, I think I'm lucky to have pretty well-behaved children!

1 comment:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

You've been doing a lot of bloggin' this weekend and I loved reading it all! Happy Anniversary and Happy 15 month to Gavin! My how time flies, huh?