Monday, April 23, 2007

Lots 'o laundry

I did TWELVE loads of laundry today!!! That's just about the only plus to having a community laundry room with eight washing machines (albeit small ones) and ten dryers at our apartment complex! The downsides are the trekking back and forth to switch loads and that it costs $1.00/load to wash and 75c/load to dry. You do the math!! We go through a LOT of quarters a month! Today I did 2 loads of towels, 2 loads of the kids' sheets, mattress pads and blankets, 1 load of Gs, 2 loads of our whites, 1 load of the kids' whites, 2 loads of the kids' darks and 2 loads of the kids' lights. It's all folded now and ready to be put away. The sad part is that I still haven't touched the rest of our laundry! There is at least 4 loads of mine and Matt's colors to do!

Maybe laundry wouldn't be such a daunting task if I wasn't so OCD about doing it. Matt has pretty much stepped back and let me do it my way 'cause once I got mad at him for folding my garment tops wrong!!! LOL! ;) Here's a little list about how OCD I am:

- I look over EVERY SINGLE item for any hint of stains.
- I pretreat each stain I find (I go through a bottle of Shout a month!).
- When those clothing items are done in the washer, I check each one before it goes into the dryer to make sure the stain isn't there anymore.
- If I find a stain after an item goes through the washer & dryer, it goes in a pile to treat again. I won't put stained clothes on myself or the kids.
(For the record, there are very few stains that I haven't been able to get out of a piece of clothing!)

- All of Matt's, Brooklyn's and my jeans/pants are hung/laid out to dry. Can't have shrinkage for us long-legged folk.
- All Matt shirts (with exception of most of his dress shirts) are hung to dry.
- All of Brooklyn's dresses are hung to dry.

- All of the kids' shirts are hung in their closets, along with the boys' dress pants and Brooklyn's skirts and dresses.
- Only belts & ties (for the boys), socks, undies, swimsuits, pajamas, onesies (for Gav) and jeans/pants go into dresser drawers.

I absolutely CANNOT wait until we move into our house and I get my super capacity washer and dryer!! Hopefully it'll cut the amount of loads of laundry I do in half, or so. Maybe then I'll actually enjoy doing laundry?? Nah, probably not! ;)

No comments: