Monday, April 30, 2007

My letter writer

Look what my sweet girl did!!! :) We sat together in the recliner while she wrote Bs and Fs and Os and Ts all over the page. So I found a clean page, wrote the letters of her name down the side and encouraged her to draw each letter. She did remarkably well, I think! I really need to work more on this with Brooklyn and Blake since they won't be attending preschool. We got these cute little Disney workbooks awhile back; I should pull those out for practice.

Brooklyn and Blake could not be more opposites in this respect. Brooklyn loves to draw and write random letters on the page, Blake just likes to scribble- STILL. Blake, on the other hand, can identify any number or letter along with it's corresponding sound and give an example of a word that starts with that letter. Brooklyn still does a lot of guessing when actually identifying letters. I think that if I sat down with Blake and practiced a bit, he could learn how to read very quickly. I guess that's my next task! ;)

1 comment:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

OK, how cute does Brooklyn look with her name spelled out?! I love this picture!