Sunday, April 15, 2007

My Little Einstein

Excuse the brag for a sec, but Blake is a pretty smart kid. :) Here are a few things that he's done and/or said lately that just have Matt and I in stitches!

1. Blake knows his right from his left. In our car, all three carseats are in the middle row of the Trailblazer. Gavin is behind the driver's seat, Blake is in the middle, and Brooklyn is behind the passenger seat. When we're driving in the car, we talk a lot about red, yellow and green lights and arrows, and which direction we are turning/driving. Blake quickly caught on with the left and right thing. He can now tell you which is his left or right hand, foot, ear, eye, etc. He will also point the correct direction if you ask which way is left or right. So, Matt decided to have a little fun with Blake. While sitting across from Blake at the table, Matt held up both his hands and asked Blake, "Which is my left hand?" and of course Blake pointed at Matt's right hand. Matt tried to explain to Blake that when you're looking at someone, their left hand will be the opposite of what his left hand is. After a thorough explanation and a few more tests, Blake laughs hysterically and says, "Daaaaaaaaaaad, that's not right, that's your left hand!!!" I guess Blake thought Matt was trying to trick him!

2. Blake and Brooklyn were standing on their chairs at the table while I was finishing up getting dinner ready and Matt was grilling the chicken outside. Blake put on Brooklyn's glasses, looks at me and says, "Mommy, you're BIG!" LOL! Brooklyn has a decent rx, so of course everything is magnified to Blake!!

3. We're driving home from church today and Blake and Brooklyn are telling us about their lesson in Primary (I'm thankful for birds and bugs, or something like that). All of a sudden, Blake gets a scowl on his face and tells me, "That's not nice!" and I said, "What isn't nice?" He points at the top of the paper he colored where his teacher wrote his name and says, "Sister Williams wrote a one in my name and that's not nice!" I looked at his paper and saw that his teacher had written his name in lowercase letters, except for the B, and Blake thought the lowercase L was a 1!! LOL! I had to explain to him the difference in BIG letters and LITTLE letters and that a little L looks like a 1. We've been working on recognizing letters and numbers, but have only done uppercase letters. I guess we need to work on lowercase too!

And just for grins and giggles, here's a picture of Blakey with his "beanie" on!!! Hehe!

No comments: