Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter '07



We had a quiet Easter this year, just our little fam. The kids were super spoiled by the Easter Bunny. ;) I tried to get some impromptu pictures of the kids right before church, but Gavin would have none of that! We had to wake him from his morning nap to go to church so he wasn't thrilled when daddy tried to dump him off for mommy to start flashing the camera in his face! LOL! Good thing we had professional pictures of the three of them in their coordinating outfits. Gavin ran a fever all through church and just looked miserable, laying on either Matt or myself the entire time. He fell asleep immediately after church and slept for 3 hours! I started on our Easter dinner of a ham, the traditional Mormon "funeral" potatoes and green beans. That's the downfall of living away from
family at holidays- I have to do all the cooking!!! I missed my mom's yummy rolls. *sniff, sniff* I ended up laying down after popping a couple Tylenols because I developed a massive headache. My little nappy-poo didn't help AT all but I managed to finish up dinner and it did turn out delish, if I do say so myself! I did really, really, REALLY wish that we could have been with our families and I must have said that out loud at least 3 or 4 times that day. I feel so left out because we live 300+ miles away. BUT, this will be our last Easter away from family! Yippee!

I'm such a bad mom because I'm now realizing that I didn't even dye eggs with my kiddos! Doesn't everyone in the free world dye eggs for Easter?!??!? I actually had to go grocery shopping on Saturday night, otherwise we wouldn't have had an Easter dinner at all! I don't even think we had more than two eggs in the fridge anyway. Oh well, I swear we'll do it next year!

1 comment:

ashley said...

I remember the yummy dinner rolls... and eating them in shishcabob.. awww memories!